This is one of Regis Philbin's all-time favorite dishes. Finish the pasta with fresh herbs to enhance the flavors of the sausage and marinara sauce.
- 1 pound rigatoni
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 links sweet Italian sausage, removed from casing
- One 24-ounce jar marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated, for serving
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves, for serving
1. Cook the rigatoni according to the package instructions.
2. Meanwhile, in a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until no longer pink. Add the marinara sauce and cook until heated throughout.
3. Add the cooked rigatoni and toss to combine. Serve topped with the Parmesan cheese and fresh oregano leaves.