- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- Soy sauce, to taste
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- Roasted garlic quinoa, cooked
- Sesame seeds
- Green onions, chopped
1. Steam the broccoli until crisp tender. Set aside.
2. Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Melt the butter in the pan. Add the chicken tenders and cook until browned and cooked through. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently until the garlic is softened.
3. Add flour to the pan and stir. Add the pineapple juice, soy sauce and brown sugar and stir to combine. Simmer until the sauce thickens, about 5-10 minutes.
4. Add the broccoli and pineapple chunks to the pan and toss to coat.
5. Serve over quinoa and top with sesame seeds and green onion.