Pimento cheese is dangerously delicious, and when you add it to a bacon burger, it's a killer cookout recipe.
- 2 pounds beef brisket (ask your butcher to grind it for you)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 3 dashes hot sauce
- 1 recipe pimento cheese (recipe follows)
- 6 hamburger buns
- 6 strips cooked bacon
- Sweet bread and butter pickles (optional)
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 6 ounces roasted red peppers, diced
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ teaspoon hot sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Make pimento cheese: Mix all ingredients together. Set aside.
Make burgers: Heat a gas grill to medium heat.
Mix Cajun seasoning, hot sauce, and Worcestershire into the ground brisket meat. Form the meat into 6 patties and season with salt and pepper.
Grill patties on each side for 3-4 minutes. Remove burgers to a platter and let them rest for 5 minutes.
Spread a thick layer of pimento cheese on burger. Top with bacon and pickles and place on buns.