S’mores aren’t just for summertime. Try this baked peppermint s'mores dip made with a mixture of dark, milk and white chocolate, plus candy canes and candied ginger to put you in the winter holiday spirit! You’ll need about one box of of graham crackers to make the holiday s’mores, plus another half box for dipping.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (finely ground), about 1/2 box
- 3 cups graham cracker pieces, about 1/2 box
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 6 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes
- 1/2 cup candied ginger
- Graham cracker squares, about 1/2 box, for dipping
- Candy canes, for dipping
1. Preheat the oven to 375º F
2. Crush about 1/2 box graham crackers in a food processor to make 2 cups.
3. Break up another 1/2 box of graham crackers into about 1" pieces.
4. Mix the 3 chocolate chip flavors together in a bowl.
5. Mix the butter with fine graham cracker crumbs and the cinnamon. Press this mixture into the bottom of a 12-inch enameled cast iron baking pan or casserole to create a crust.
6. Add a layer of the chocolate chip mixture, then a layer of mini marshmallows, a sprinkle crushed candy canes and a layer of graham cracker pieces.
7. Repeat this layer two more times ending with the sprinkle of crushed candy canes.
8. Top with the candied ginger.
9. Cover and bake for 20 minutes, then remove the lid and and continue cooking until marshmallows are browned.
10. Serve with graham cracker squares and candy canes for dipping, accompanied with eggnog.