This recipe is a great weeknight dinner. It's delicious, family-friendly, and super quick to make!
Technique Tip: I usually remove the sausage from the casing before I start to cook. Removing them makes the sausage easier to chop up in the skillet.
Swap Option: Turkey or chicken sausage work great as well.
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Hot Italian sausages, casings removed
- 2 Sweet Italian sausages, casing removed
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups broccolini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Boil penne pasta in slightly salted water until al dente.
2. In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
3. Add the sausage to the pan and cook until lightly browned. While the sausage cooks use a wooden spoon or spatula to help break up the meat.
4. Add the garlic and broccolini to the sauté pan, and cook for about 3 minutes until broccoli is softened but still crisp.
5. Add the pasta, salt and Parmesan cheese to the pan and let cook for another 2 minutes or until cheese melts.