Edible cookie dough (made without eggs) is perfect for some sweet snacking on its own, but even better when it’s rolled into balls and dipped in chocolate.
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Peanut Butter M&Ms
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, salt and sugar until a frosting-like consistency is reached.
2. Add applesauce, peanut butter and nutmeg. Mix until combined.
3. Mix in flour and vanilla extract until just combined. Fold in candy and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
4. When the mixture is cold, roll into 1½-inch balls and place on wax paper. Freeze truffles for at least 2 hours or overnight.
5. Using a double boiler or 20-second bursts in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and then dip truffles one at a time to evenly coat. Set on wax paper to harden. Dip the truffles a second time and decorate. Refrigerate to harden.