I love to keep lavash on hand for cocktail parties and snacking. This is the quickest recipe to throw together last-minute. It's crispy, cheesy and a huge crowd-pleaser at any gathering!
Kitchen equipment required: A basting brush helps easily and evenly spread the olive oil. I also love using a good garlic press to mince the cloves.
Technique tip: To cut basil, place the leaves on top of each other and gently roll them together; this way you can chop them all at once.
Swap option: If you don't have lavash, you could make a similar dish with flour tortillas.
- 2-3 pieces lavash
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped basil
- Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
2. In a small bowl, soak the garlic in the olive oil.
3. Using a basting brush, spread garlic olive oil over the lavash.
4. Sprinkle the top of the lavash with Parmesan, basil and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or so, being careful not to burn the bread.
6. Let cool briefly and break into pieces. Serve alongside your favorite appetizers!