These mini Asian meatballs in lettuce cups are irresistible, and the perfect app for your next party!
- 1/2 cup chopped garlic (from 10 to 12 cloves)
- 3 tablespoons chopped peeled fresh ginger (from a 3-inch piece)
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions (from 2 to 3 scallions)
- 1 pound ground beef, turkey or pork, or a combination
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (such as nam pla or nuoc mam)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges, for serving
- Bibb lettuce leaves, for serving
- Assorted garnishes such as cilantro, sliced Thai chiles, chopped roasted peanuts, and hot sauce such as Sriracha
1. Finely chop together garlic, ginger, and scallions. In a bowl, gently combine garlic mixture with ground beef, fish sauce, and salt. Form mixture into 1-inch meatballs.
2. Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over high. Working in batches, fry meatballs until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes per batch.
3. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and lime juice. Serve meatballs in lettuce cups, with lime mayonnaise, assorted garnishes, and lime wedges.