This combination is a classic because it’s so darn perfect. The lime enhances the sweetness of the mango and the cayenne pepper adds just enough spice to the finish. This is the perfect dessert to cap off a grilled feast.
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 5 cups cubed mango (from 4-5 fruits)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (depending on how spicy you want it)
- 1 tablespoon superfine sugar
1. Place a 9-by-13-inch baking dish in the freezer.
2. Place all ingredients in a blender and combine until smooth. Pour the melon mixture into the baking dish and return to the freezer.
3. Freeze for 11/2 hours, then remove the dish from the freezer and scrape the granita with a large fork. The mixture will be slushy; return to the freezer and scrape every 30 minutes, for about 21/2 to 3 hours total. The granita will have a flaky, fluffy texture.
4. Serve in cups or dessert bowls. Once frozen, you can transfer the granita to an airtight container and keep in the freezer for a week.