Spice up hot chocolate with a hit of fiery jalapeños, plus fragrant cinnamon and vanilla. Don't forget the marshmallows!
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, shaved or chopped
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 jalapeños, stemmed and quartered lengthwise, seeds included
- 1/2 cup mini-marshmallows, for serving
1. Place the chocolate in a bowl and place a fine mesh sieve over the rim.
2. In a pot add the milk, cinnamon stick, vanilla and jalapeños—seeds included. Steep on low for 15 minutes then raise to a simmer while stirring for 5 more minutes, being sure to not let the milk boil over. Raise the heat to bring the mixture to a brisk boil. Then, while still bubbling, quickly pour milk into the sieve over the bowl of chocolate; discard the solids. Quickly stir the milk to melt the chocolate and pour evenly into four mugs. Top with marshmallows.