Whip up a big batch of these festive holiday mojitos!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1½ cups packed mint leaves
- 6 limes, cut into wedges
- 2 cups light rum
- Cracked ice
- 3 cups Champagne or sparkling wine
- 12 sprigs mint
1. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water and cook over high heat just until the sugar has dissolved. Let cool to room temperature. (Basically, make simple syrup, using a one-to-one ratio of sugar and water).
2. In a large pitcher, combine the sugar syrup with the mint leaves and lime wedges and muddle well with a wooden spoon. Add the rum and stir well. Strain the drink into another pitcher.
3. Fill tall glasses with cracked ice and pour in the drink, filling them about two-thirds full. Top with Champagne, garnish with the mint sprigs and serve.