This dish is unbelievable when you use the freshest, ripest ingredients, all at room temperature. This is how you make the most of summer!
- 4 heirloom tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1½ cups yellow seedless watermelon, large dice
- 1½ cups red seedless watermelon peeled, large dice
- 3/4 pound fresh buffalo (or regular) mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 18 mint leaves, torn
- 12 basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Thinly sliced jalapeno or few chile flakes for heat
Arrange cut ingredients in center of 6 bowls equally. Scatter the herbs equally, then drizzle with the oil, and season with salt and pepper.