What’s better than the combo of sweet and salty in milkshake form? A sweet and salty milkshake that’s less than 200 calories, contains no added sugar and has 4 grams of fiber. Grab your straw and start sipping.
- Caramel hard candy, crushed into very small pieces (optional)
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3 large dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon maple extract
- 2 pinches sea salt, divided
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
1. Dip the rims of two tall glasses in water, then into the crushed caramel candy to line rims. Set aside.
2. In a blender, puree the almond milk and dates until well combined (puree until there are almost no bits and pieces of the dates).
3. Add the frozen pineapple chunks, almond butter, vanilla and maple extracts, 1 pinch of the sea salt and the ice cubes. Blend on medium speed until the ice cubes are pureed and the mixture is thick and frothy.
4. Divide between the two candy-rimmed glasses and add an optional pinch of sea salt on each. Enjoy!