I had my chance to perfect this guacamole recipe when my wife, Lindsay, was pregnant and it was all she wanted to eat. My first piece of advice is to use properly ripened avocados — they should just “give” when you squeeze them. Be generous with the lime juice and salt and, above all, keep it chunky.
- 3 firm but ripe Hass avocados, halved, pitted, peeled, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 0.5 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt
In a large bowl, gently fold the avocados, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeños, garlic, and cumin together. Season to taste with salt.