I love to eat healthy and light but not foods that are lacking in flavor. I created this dish to do just that.
Swap option: You can use Greek feta instead of Bulgarian feta.
Chicken and string beans
- 10 ounces boneless chicken breast, skin-on
- 3 ounces string beans (about 20 beans)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 4 small vine-ripened tomatoes, quartered
- 1 ounce mixed olives
- 1 ounce pickled onions (recipe above)
- 1½ ounces Bulgarian feta cheese, crumbled
For the chicken:
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Bring a pot of water to a boil and set up a bowl of ice water on the side.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and grill until cooked through (internal temperature should read 165°F). Set aside.
3. While the chicken is cooking, blanch the string beans in the boiling water for a minute, until they turn bright green (you want them to be fork-tender with a firm snap in the middle). Remove from the pot and drop them in the ice water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
For the yogurt:
In a bowl, combine the yogurt, honey, lemon, oregano, olive oil and salt and whisk together. Set aside.
For the pickled onions:
In a small pot, combine the red wine vinegar, sugar and water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in the red onion rings. Let sit until the onions have released some of their color and are wilted.
1. Place each chicken breast on a plate.
2. In a bowl, toss together the tomatoes, olives, pickled onions and string beans with the seasoned yogurt and place on top of chicken breasts.
3. Finish by sprinkling the crumbled Bulgarian feta over the dish and serve.