This sauce is easy to make, super fresh and light, and can be used in a number of different ways. I like to serve it tossed with spaghettini or angel hair pasta.
Technique tips: Don't over puree the sauce. It should have a little texture.
Swap options: You can switch out the herbs. Try mint or tarragon or add a few red pepper flakes.
- One 12-ounce container cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 scallions (white and pale green parts only), coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- One 1-ounce piece Parmesan cheese, coarsely chopped
- 8 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
In the bowl of food processor, pulse the first 6 ingredients just until the tomatoes are coarsely chopped (do not purée). Transfer the sauce to a large bowl. Season with the salt.
Toss the sauce immediately with your choice of freshly cooked pasta or serve on the side of your favorite meats.