This colorful, crisp slaw is packed with punchy flavor thanks to its dressing's irresistible balance of tangy lime and sweet honey, with just the right kick of chili sauce. It is perfect with just about any kind of grilled meat or fish, or even stuffed into a wrap sandwich, but it was born to be served with the East-West Brisket.
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, or other neutral tasting oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ red cabbage (1 pound), shredded
- ½ large daikon radish (2 cups), shredded
- 2 large carrots, (2 cups) peeled and shredded
- ½ small red onion, very thinly sliced
1. In a medium bowl whisk together the vinegar, oil, lime juice, honey, chili garlic sauce, and salt. In a large bowl, toss together the cabbage, radish, carrots, and onion. The salad and dressing may be made ahead to this stage. To serve, drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
Store the salad and dressing in separate airtight containers in the refrigerator. The salad will keep for up to 4 days. The dressing will keep for up to 1 week. Dress up to 2 hours before serving. Add a splash of lime juice if needed, as the acidity tends to fade with storage.