Drying chicken wings and baking them at a high temperature help make the perfectly crispy without any of the added fat of frying.
- 4 pounds chicken wings, split and patted dry with paper towels
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 1½ tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- Buffalo sauce, for tossing or serving
1. Preheat the oven to 450° F. Put 2 baking racks on 2 large, rimmed baking sheets. In a large bowl, dust the chicken wings with the baking powder, then add the salt and pepper and toss to evenly coat. Arrange the wings on the racks and bake for about 45 minutes, turning once, until browned and crisp.
2. Transfer the wings to a platter and serve with Buffalo sauce for dipping. Alternately, toss the wings in the sauce before serving.