You only need six-ingredients for Dylan's easy creamy pierogi casserole that's made with layers of store-bought pierogi and fresh spinach and topped with gooey melted cheese. She can't get over how good it is, so we had to share the recipe on TODAY Food!
- 2 16-ounce packages store-bought potato and onion pierogi
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Boil the pierogi according to the package's instructions. Drain.
3. In the meantime, in a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium high neat. Add the onion, spinach, salt and pepper. Sauté until the onion is cooked through and the spinach is wilted.
4. In an 8-by-8-inch casserole dish, spread a good dollop of the canned cream of mushroom soup. Add half of the pierogi. Add half of the cooked spinach and onions. Top with the cream of mushroom soup. Add a layer of mozzarella cheese and a sprinkle of Parmesan. Repeat the layers with the remaining ingredients in this order: pierogi, spinach, soup, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese. Bake until the top is golden and bubbly. Enjoy!