David P. Smith / Shutterstock / David P. Smith
Store-bought cranberry sauce adds sweetness to sweet potato pie.
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, roasted until tender, then scooped and passed through a food mill (the potatoes should be warm for the recipe)
- 4 ounces butter (1 stick; 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canned cranberry sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pie crust (store-bought)
- whipped cream, for serving
- Combine the warm sweet potatoes, butter, sugar and cranberry sauce in a bowl with an electric hand mixer. Season with a pinch of salt. Add the eggs and combine quickly to avoid curdling.
- Fold in remaining ingredients and scoop into a pie crust. Bake at 350 F. for 1 hour, or until the center is fully cooked. Allow to cool for 30 minutes before slicing and serving. Serve with whipped cream.