Skip the breadcrumbs and coat chicken breasts with a crunchy combination of seasoned chopped almonds.
Homemade Coconut Milk
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
Coconut Almond Chicken
- 3 5-ounce bone-in chicken breasts
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup chopped almonds
For the Homemade Coconut Milk:
1. Heat the water to a simmer, not a full boil. Pour the hot water and shredded coconut into a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Pour the mixture through a nut bag or cheesecloth. Make sure you have a bowl underneath to catch the milk. Squeeze the nut bag or cheesecloth with your hands to get liquid to strain through. Once all of the liquid is squeezed out, discard the remaining mixture.
For the Coconut Almond Chicken:
1. Place 2 cups of your Homemade Coconut Milk into a bowl and add the chicken breasts.
2. Marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour (save the remaining coconut milk for other recipes).
3. Preheat the oven to 350°. After the chicken is finished marinating, mix the almond flour and all of the seasonings into a bowl. Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture, then place on a baking sheet. Press the chopped almonds of top of the chicken breasts evenly.
4. Bake the chicken for 45 minutes or until the juices run clear. Serve.