Cucumbers and arugula are not part of the traditional Caprese, but they add a crisp crunch and peppery flavor to this light and fresh salad.
- 5 ripe Roma tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 large yellow tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1¼ cups fresh mozzarella, diced into chunks (or fresh mini mozzarella balls)
- 2 English cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped into chunks
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves, washed, dried and sliced into thin ribbons
- 4 cups arugula
- Balsamic vinaigrette, homemade or store-bought
In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, mozzarella, cucumbers, basil and arugula. Drizzle with the balsamic vignette and toss.