These bars are FREAKY good. Packed with protein from the peanut butter, they’re basically a workout food . . . that’s how that works, right? They’re sweet, chewy, ooey-gooey and very worthy of your next girls’ night Netflix marathon.
Tip: For denser, fudgier bars be sure to refrigerate the bars for at least 2 hours before eating.
- 1 cup (192 g) sugar
- 1 cup (180 g) peanut butter
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups (188 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons (7 g) baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (100 g) vegan chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (175ºC). Line or grease an 8 x 8-inch (20 x 20-cm) baking dish and set aside.
- In a stand mixer or large mixing bowl, beat together the sugar, peanut butter, milk and vanilla. Pour in the flour, baking powder and salt and beat until a stiff batter forms. Fold in the chocolate chips, then add the batter to the prepared baking dish, using a wooden spoon to press the batter evenly into the pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool. Once completely cooled, cut into 12 equal bars and serve!
Recipe reprinted from Homestyle Vegan by Amber St. Peter with the permission of Page Street Publishing Co.