Brandi Milloy of Popsugar turns classic Cobb salad inside out to become a tasty burrito-slash-sushi roll that's wrapped in romaine lettuce. You can use the dressing as a dipping sauce or make it ahead of time and spread it on the rice.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, plus more as needed
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Salt and pepper
- 12 whole large leaves romaine lettuce, divided
- 1 cup white rice, steamed, divided
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes, sliced, divided
- 2 hardboiled eggs, peeled and sliced, divided
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate seeds, divided
- 5 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled, divided
- 4 slices crispy cooked bacon, chopped, divided
- 2 ripe avocados, sliced, divided
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
1. In a grill pan or nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of the olive oil over medium high heat. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with seasoning salt, pepper and salt. Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 6 to 8 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken from the heat and allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
2. To assemble the burrito, first arrange three romaine leaves in the following way: Place one leaf down vertically and then overlap two more on top in the center of the leaf.
3. Spread 1/4 cup of the rice across the middle. Then layer a quarter of the chicken, a quarter of the tomato slices, slices of half a boiled egg, a tablespoon of pomegranate seeds, a tablespoon of blue cheese crumbles, 1 slice of the chopped bacon and 3 slices of the avocado.
4. Carefully roll the ingredients up tightly in the lettuce, tucking the lettuce in as you roll. Place the roll seam side down on a plate. Repeat until you've made four chicken Cobb sushi burritos.
5. For the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining avocado with the lemon juice and sour cream. Fold in the remaining 1 tablespoon of the blue cheese crumbles and season with salt and pepper to taste. If the dressing is too thick, whisk in some olive oil one teaspoon at a time until it is the desired consistency.
6. Serve immediately or wrap the rolls in a cello bag and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.