Jell-O shots make everyone feel like a kid — errrr, a 21 year old — again. This Champagne version elevates the college staple, and provides a festive treat your holiday guests will surely love!
Kitchen equipment required: Plastic cups, mini muffin tins or silicon ice cube trays. You could also use a loaf pan and slice the jello into squares.
Technique tip: Spraying your molds lightly will prevent the Jell-O shots from sticking.
Swap option: If you're not a fan of ginger ale, use lemon-lime soda; you can also use gin instead of vodka.
- 1 cup Champagne or sparkling wine
- 3/4 cup ginger ale
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- Sanding sugars
1. Lightly spray molds (plastic cups, mini muffin tins or silicon ice cube trays) with cooking spray.
2. In a saucepan, combine the ginger ale with 1/4 cup of the Champagne. Add the gelatin and let sit for a few minutes (this softens the gelatin).
3. Warm the liquid over medium-low heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Do not let mixture boil — you just want to dissolve the gelatin.
4. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining Champagne and vodka.
5. Pour into molds, and refrigerate for 2-3 hours (or overnight).
6. When ready to serve, remove from molds and dip in sanding sugar. Serve with festive toothpicks.