Singer Brett Eldredge shares his mom's "awesome" chocolate malted cookies recipe. They're perfect for Christmas or any other festive celebration.
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup malted milk powder
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 375º F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the shortening, brown sugar, malted milk powder, chocolate syrup and vanilla; beat for 2 minutes.
3. Add the egg.
4. In another large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add the dry mixture to the wet and mix well.
5. Stir in the chocolate chunks and chocolate chips
6. On a cutting board, hand-press the dough to roughly 1-inch thickness and use cookie cutters to create your favorite shapes.
7. Place the cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Enjoy!