For a light and elegant Brazilian-style meal, chef Claude Troisgros layers thin slices of scallops and fresh hearts of palm into a Napoleon and then tops it with a tucupi (fermented yuca water) vinaigrette and tapioca caviar (tapioca pearls).
- 16 fresh scallops, very thinly sliced
- 7 ounces fresh heart of palm, very thinly sliced with a mandoline
- 4 tablespoons tapioca caviar, divided
- 5 ounces reduced tucupi (fermented yuca water)
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1/4 jalapeno, chopped
- 7 ounces olive oil
Place a slice of scallop on each plate. Add a slice of the heart of palm to each plate. Repeat in alternating layers three times, stacking the slices of scallop and heart of palm, finishing with heart of palm. In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the tucupi vinaigrette with a spoon. Drizzle the tucupi vinaigrette on top of the scallop and heart of palm stacks. Finish with a nice spoon of the tapioca caviar.
Note: For tapioca caviar recipe, click here.