These burgers are packed with protein, fiber, iron and many other vital nutrients. Plus, they taste amazing!
- One 15-ounce can organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1 medium beet, roasted, peeled and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 4 dried figs, chopped
- 4 prunes, pitted and diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sweet hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup honey, preferably avocado honey
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Sesame seed burger buns
- Shredded lettuce
- Sliced tomato
- Sliced red onions
- Vegan mayonnaise
For the burger:
Place all ingredients in food processor and pulse until combined, but still a bit chunky. Set burger mixture aside and allow flavors and spices to marry.
For the hoisin glaze:
In a small, bowl whisk together all ingredients.
To cook and serve:
Scoop 1/3-cup sized scoops of the black bean mixture and shape into patties. Heat a pan over medium-high heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Fry the patties for 3 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
Once cooked, baste the burgers with the hoisin glaze. Serve on a sesame bun with lettuce, tomato, pickles, onions and mayo.