Yes, these brownies are still decadent comfort dessert, but who says you can't do something a little good for yourself while you're eating a sweet treat? The black beans add great texture, and no one will know they're in there. It's the perfect way to add a little fiber and protein to dessert.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, drained, rinsed and pureed in blender
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Over a double boiler, melt butter and bittersweet chocolate over medium heat. Remove and let cool briefly. Whisk in sugar until combined. Then, whisk in eggs, vanilla and black beans. Add flour, cocoa powder and salt and stir until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Place in a greased 8x8 baking pan, and bake for 30-35 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.