Chef Gordon Ramsay's cool yogurt dipping sauce helps temper the heat of his hot and spicy chicken wings.
Spicy Chicken Wings
- 24 chicken wing drumettes, lollipopped (meat pushed up toward the larger end of the bone)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup harissa paste
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Cilantro Lime Yogurt Dipping Sauce
- 1½ cups Greek yogurt
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup scallions, green parts only, thinly sliced
For the spicy chicken wings:
Preheat oven to 375°F. In a small saucepan, whisk together the honey, 1/2 cup olive oil, harissa, and lime zest and juice. Bring to a simmer and remove from heat and set aside.
Toss the chicken wings with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Place the chicken wings standing up on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper and bake 25-30 minutes until the chicken is just cooked.
Remove the wings from the oven and brush liberally with the harissa glaze. Return to the oven for an additional 5-10 minutes until golden.
For the cilantro lime yogurt dipping sauce:
In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, lime zest and juice, cilantro and garlic. Season with salt to taste.
Sprinkle the wings with sesame seeds and green onions and serve along side yogurt dipping sauce.