This crowd-pleasing breakfast boat — loaded with bacon, eggs and cheese — won't take you long to whip up but will keep you satisfied for a while.
- 1 large baguette
- 5 large eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy cream or whole milk
- 4 ounces cooked bacon bits
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, bacon, cheese, and onions.
3. Cut a long rectangle through the top of the baguette, being careful not to cut all the way through. Remove the strip from the center, creating a well through the length of the baguette.
4. Spoon the mixture into the baguette and transfer to a baking sheet.
5. Bake for 25 minutes in a preheated oven.
6. Cut and serve while still warm.