This fresh and easy recipe will become your go-to salsa for the summer season.
Technique tip: Remove the seeds and the white rib that connects the seeds to the pepper to reduce the spiciness.
Swap option: Use peppers with more or less heat depending on your preference. Habaneros will add more spice and poblanos will give you less.
- 3/4 pound ripe tomatoes, rinsed and drained, stems removed
- 2 avocados, peeled, pit removed, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1½ limes, juiced (about 4½ tablespoons)
- 1 jalapeño, cored and seeded, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup minced scallion tops
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped coarsely
- 1 teaspoon salt
Cut the tomatoes in half and scoop out the seeds. Cut into 1/2-inch dice and put in a serving bowl.
Add the remaining ingredients and carefully stir to mix evenly. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.