The finishing touch to Al Roker's no-brainer sweet potato fries is a delicious spice mixture of cinnamon and cayenne pepper. You can also skip the spices and simply toss the sweet potato batons with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- 2½ pounds sweet potatoes, washed well
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil suitable for high heat, like safflower oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2-3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon (or to taste) ground cayenne
1. Preheat oven to 400F, convection setting. Line a large sheet pan with foil and lightly grease. Cut unpeeled potatoes lengthwise into 1/4" thick square rods, or 'fries.' Place in a large bowl and toss with oil and salt. In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon and cayenne. Add the mixture to the fries and toss well to coat evenly.
2. Place in oven and bake about 18 minutes until cooked through and lightly browned. Serve warm.