Serve with rice or potatoes, your favorite vegetable and toasted country-style crusty bread to soak up the juices.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 8 chicken thighs
- 2 cups onion, thinly sliced
- 30 whole cloves garlic
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 branches rosemary
- Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 325°.
2. Season the chicken with the salt and pepper.
3. In a heavy pot that has a lid, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from pan and reserve. Add the onions, garlic and rosemary, and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Place the chicken on top of the mixture and add the wine. Cover with the lid and place the covered pot in the oven to cook for 1½ hours.