Juicy watermelon gets a heavenly charred note from the heat of the grill. Salty feta and fresh basil bring it back down to earth.
- 16 1-inch cubes peeled seedless watermelon
- 8 large basil leaves
- 8 cubes (3/4 inch) feta cheese (6 ounces)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
1. Soak 8 wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
2. Heat grill to high. Carefully thread 2 watermelon cubes onto each skewer. Grill, flipping, until grill marks appear, about 1 minute per side.
3. Carefully thread 1 basil leaf and 1 feta cube onto each skewer. Season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with oil.