Star chef Michelle Bernstein adds major flavor to grilled shrimp with 6 ingredients you probably have in your home right now: Old Bay seasoning, garlic, chile pepper, onion, cilantro and lime juice. Topped with creamy avocado and you're got a delicious salad in under 10 minutes!
- 1 pound (16 to 20 pieces) fresh shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided in half
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced as thin as possible (use a Japanese mandolin if available)
- 1 serrano chile, sliced as thin as possible into rounds (use a Japanese mandolin if possible)
- 1/4 red onion, sliced as thin as possible into strips (use a Japanese mandolin if possible)
- 2 limes, juiced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 avocados, peeled and 1/4-inch diced
- Crispy tortilla chips, your favorite brand
1. Preheat a grill or grillpan. Toss the shrimp with the 2 tablespoons of oil, Old Bay and salt and place on a grill at medium heat. Allow to cook about 1 minute per side. Remove the shrimp.
2. Heat a small saute pan with the rest of the oil and add the garlic over high heat. When it turns pale yellow-golden, remove and add the serrano, season with salt and add the lime juice and cilantro.
3. Toss the grilled shrimp into the pan, serve topped with the diced avocado with a side of tortilla chips.