Feb. 27, 2012 at 8:57 AM ET
The series isn't over yet, but there still may be a "Desperate Housewives" reunion of sorts starting today as former "Housewives" star Nicollette Sheridan's lawsuit against show creator Marc Cherry, ABC and Touchstone Television kicks off in an L.A. courtroom.
As TODAY's Kristen Dahlgren reported on Monday, Sheridan is suing after being let go from the series following an "on-set scuffle" with Cherry, who allegedly slapped her head.
Court documents say Sheridan was "emotionally humiliated and stunned by Cherry's sudden physical violence." Her character was written out shortly thereafter, and she is seeking $20 million for wrongful termination.
But even though the other "Housewives" -- Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman, Marcia Cross and Eva Longoria -- are on the witness list, it's likely they'll stand by their man. Longoria told Dahlgren, "He's funny and sweet and really probably could not harm a fly."
Sheridan's other case -- for sexual harassment -- has been dismissed already. Former L.A. prosecutor Robyn Sax said this one could settle.
"Once the people and the players get in the courtroom ... and realize this is a real decision with real risks to both sides, there may be a last-minute checkbook writing at the table," she said.
As for whether Sheridan will appear in the final "Housewives" episode set for later this year? So far, she says she hasn't been contacted.
Do you think Nicollette Sheridan will win her lawsuit? Let us know on our Facebook page!