'Walking Dead': 5 things to know about season three
You smell that? That's the smell of dead flesh, rotting corpses and gunpowder. You know what that means..."The Walking Dead" is back! Mmmm, take a big sniff. Glorious.
Prepare for a humble brag (or it's really a full blown brag): We've seen the first three episodes, and it just wouldn't be right if we didn't share a few spoilers and scoop to last you until Sunday. Here are five things you can expect from the season-three premiere of "The Walking Dead" and beyond:
1. Fight the dead, fear the living: We wish we could take credit for that clever tagline, but it wasn't us. The third season will focus mainly on the evil Governor and his effect on our gang, and how he runs Woodbury, a "community" of survivors. And if you're a fan of the comic books, you know just how evil that character can be. It will take a while for the Governor and Woodbury to show their true colors this season, but the premiere will get the ball rolling.
2. But seriously, the dead are still scary: Just because the new season has living enemies instead of just zombies, that doesn't mean that the walkers are taking a break from trying to eat Rick (Andrew Lincoln) and Co. As you can see in the above photo, in order to get to their new home, the prison, they'll have the fight through a wall of zombies. And then once they get inside the prison--you guessed it, there are more zombies.
3. Non-stop zombie-killing action: One of the main complaints last season was the lack of action. You definitely don't have to worry about that this time, because the season premiere is jam-packed with zombie kills. "Let's just say in the first episode there are more zombie kills than in most of season one," Lincoln tells us with a smile.
4. The prison: sanctuary or trap? At first glance, Rick sees the prison has a haven for the group, a place to start over and even set up a home. But as with everything on "The Walking Dead," a sanctuary comes with a price. Let's just say zombies aren't the only thing to worry about within the prison walls. And as fans of the comic books know, the prison is an integral setting for the survivors, especially when the world of the prison and the world of Woodbury collide.
5. Ladies will get in on the bloodbath: We met the badass Michonne (Danai Gurira) briefly in the season-two finale, but this season we will see plenty of the katana sword-swinging zombie-killer. And she's not the only woman getting in on the action. Lauren Cohan tells us that Maggie won't be on the sidelines when the gang heads into the prison.
"The Walking Dead's" third season premieres this Sunday at 9 p.m. on AMC.
- 'Walking Dead' producer: This isn't 'Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood'
- Behind-the-scenes photos from the premiere
- Steven Yeun: Prison is 'claustrophobic' on 'Walking Dead'
More in The Clicker: