"The Big Bang Theory" is boldly going back to revisit Sheldon's "Fun With Flags." The CBS comedy will welcome back Star Trek alums LeVar Burton and Wil Wheaton for a November episode in which Jim Parsons' neurotic nerd tapes a very special episode of "Sheldon Cooper Presents: Fun With Flags," The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The episode, slated to air Nov. 8, will see Sheldon live long and prosper while exploring the flags of his beloved entertainment franchise, "Star Trek."
"Big Bang" previously featured Sheldon's web series "Fun With Flags" during its fifth season, when Dr. Cooper premiered the franchise as a weekly series exploring vexillolgy -- the study of flags -- with his very special guest Amy Farrah Fowler (Mayim Bialik).
Wheaton, a recurring guest star on the series, played Wesley Crusher on "Star Trek: The Next Generation," while Burton -- who guest starred in an episode last year -- played Geordi La Forge on "TNG."
Check out Sheldon's first "Fun With Flags" episode.
"The Big Bang Theory" airs Thursdays at 8 p.m. on CBS.
"Big Bang Theory" fans, are you happy to see the "Next Generation" stars return to the show? Let us know on Facebook!
- J.J. Abrams premieres very short clip from new 'Star Trek' film on 'Conan'
- 7 best 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' episodes to celebrate the 25th anniversary
- Shatner shares bizarre tale that trumps his Emmy wins with Kimmel
- All 5 'Star Trek' captains will beam down to London event
- Divorce forces man to beam out of 'Star Trek' home