7 ways innocent eating makes you gain weightPlay Video
Chrome nails: Here's how to get the shiny new trend
Freaking out over fringe: Celine Dion gushes over Luxe for Less!
'Another Period' stars talk about their Comedy Central spoof
Kathie Lee and Celine Dion share sincerely about losing loved ones
Mindless eating can result in consuming thousands of extra calories that may cause you to gain unwanted weight. TODAY health and diet editor Madelyn Fernstrom says avoiding the seven eating habits below may prevent you from gaining 14 pounds in a year.
1. Licking the leftover peanut butter on the knife when you make a sandwich - 50 calories.
(If you did this every day for 6 weeks, you'd gain 5 pounds)
2. Eating ice cream off the lid of a pint - 30 calories.
(If you did this 3 times a week for a year, you'd gain about 2 pounds)
3. Snatching five French fries from your child's plate - 40 calories.
(If you did this 4 times a week for 6 months, you'd gain around 1 pound.)
4. Consuming pizza crust from somebody else's plate - 80 calories.
(If you did this 3 times a week for 6 months, you'd gain around 2 pounds.)
5. Licking the spatula and bowl from the brownie batter - 65 calories.
(If you did this once a week for 4 months, you'd gain about 1 pound.)
6. Tasting mac and cheese while making it for your kids - 60 calories.
(If you did this 2x a week for about 6 months, you'd gain about 1 pound.)
7. Stealing a handful of potato chips from your husband's bag - 100 calories.
(If you did this 2x a week for about a year, you'd gain about 2 pounds.)
More From Today: How to Detox Your Body Naturally