May 31, 2012 at 7:43 AM ET
The Fourth Amendment came through for Courtney Wagner.
The L.A. District Attorney's Office will not be filing charges against Natalie Wood and Robert Wagner's 38-year-old daughter following her arrest last month on suspicion of heroin and cocaine possession, D.A. spokeswoman Jane Robison confirmed Wednesday to E! News.
So, how did Wagner go from A-to-free?
Robison says that the case was rejected due to illegal search and seizure, a violation of Wagner's Fourth Amendment rights. The sheriff's deputies who allegedly discovered drugs at her Malibu-area home had "no probable cause, no warrant, nor consent" to search the place, Robison tells E! News.
"We don't necessarily disagree and will respect the decision of the District Attorney," L.A. County Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore told the New York Daily News.
According to Whitmore at the time, deputies found baggies of drugs and more than one handgun. A man who was also there, 24-year-old Matthew Cox, was booked on one count of negligently discharging a firearm when Wagner was booked for possession.
-- Reporting by Claudia Rosenbaum
Also in TODAY Entertainment: