Donald Trump may not have wanted to get into a discussion about whether he'll jump back into the presidential race with TODAY's Matt Lauer, but he was thrilled to have a chance to introduce the cast of the fifth installment of "Celebrity Apprentice" Wednesday morning.
The cast, which Trump called "the biggest we've ever had" is as follows:
- Clay Aiken ("American Idol" runner up, pop star)
- Michael Andretti (IndyCar race car driver)
- Teresa Giudice ("The Real Housewives of New Jersey”)
- Victoria Gotti ("Growing Up Gotti")
- Lisa Lampanelli (comedienne)
- Dayna Mendoza (former Miss Universe)
- Dee Snyder (rock musician)
- Paul Teutul, Sr. ("American Chopper")
- Arsenio Hall (talk show host, comedian)
- Adam Carolla (radio host)
- Lou Ferrigno (bodybuilder, "Incredible Hulk" TV actor)
- Penn Jillette (magician, comedian)
- George Takei ("Star Trek" actor)
- Cheryl Tiegs (supermodel)
- Debbie Gibson (pop star)
- Tia Carrere (actress, singer)
- Aubrey O'Day (singer, "Making the Band")
- Patricia Velásquez (model)
Several of the contestants were in the studio for the announcement, and Lauer spoke to them and Trump, who said he can't even consider jumping back into the political race until the show ends in May.
With three episodes already taped, Lauer wondered how quickly a take-no-prisoners attitude emerged from amongst the candidates.
"I think we were all surprised, because having been in corporate America most of my life -- since I'm 15 -- you think that this is two-thirds of that," said Gotti. "It's not. You see sides of people that you didn't see getting to know each other for three days. All of a sudden, the take no prisoners, you can't imagine."
"We have some very, very competitive people, and really smart people," said Trump.
But just how far would they go to win? Apparently, cozying up to their "boss" isn't out of the question. When asked how many contestants would be happy to see Trump as President, everyone raised their hands.
"Shameless!" cried Lauer.
"I think he'd be a great husband!" shot back Lampanelli.
"The Celebrity Apprentice" premieres Feb. 12 on NBC.
What do you think of this latest batch of celeb participants? Share your thoughts on our Facebook page!