Lisa Vanderpump didn't quit "Dancing With the Stars" -- she was voted out.
Considering how ill she was -- she fainted during practice and was vomiting in her trailer during most of Monday's performance show -- many believed that the "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" star would withdraw like Dorothy Hamill did in week one.
But she remained, and was the last star standing alongside Victor Ortiz when host Tom Bergeron asked to "cue the dramatic music" (such a card, that guy). The pro boxer will continue to fight for the mirror ball trophy, while Lisa and partner Gleb Savchenko are leaving the ballroom.
While her family (including Giggy) applauded from the audience, Lisa insisted she was leaving on a high note.
"Just to be included with this (wonderful) group of people," she told co-host Brooke Burke-Charvet, "I'm really happy. It's been six long weeks -- boy, has it taken its toll. It's been the hardest thing I've ever done."
"I was given a gift dancing with (Gleb)," she added. "He's been so patient. I'd like to thank my castmates -- they've been amazing and made it so much fun."
ABC shook things up by declaring six couples safe -- including "Bachelor" star Sean Lowe and Peta Murgatroyd -- in the first third of the show. Before the last commercial break, Tom revealed that comedian D.L. Hughley and Cheryl Burke were also safe. Then underdog Andy Dick and his partner, Sharna Burgess, were quickly plucked from the trio of couples in jeopardy.
The first "safe" couple, Aly Raisman and Mark Ballas, were also selected to perform an encore of their Monday dance. (Len Goodman joked that he'd coached the Olympic gymnast all day on how to improve her backflip.)
Other standouts of Tuesday's results show:
- Brooke's baffling dress, the inspiration for hundreds of Twitter jokes about her "thong" necklace. (If it were a two-hour show, maybe "Brooke's thong" would have its own Twitter account.)
- Blind dancer Brilynn Rakes' beautiful performance with Derek Hough.
- Anna Trebunskaya returning to dance with Val Chmerkovisky during Jennifer Lopez and Andrea Bocelli's duet.
- Peta Murgatroyd and Tony Dovolani performing while Brad Paisley sang "Southern Comfort Zone" (not "Accidental Racist").
- Val dancing with Karina Smirnoff. Maybe not a highlight, but still enjoyable because of their awkward pairing.
Next week will introduce a brand new theme: Len's side-by-side challenge! Each couple will have to dance alongside returning pros including Maks Chmerkovisky, Chelsie Hightower, Tony Dovolani and Tristan MacManus.
Did the right dancer go home? Tell us on our Facebook page!
- Co-stars talk Lisa's health scare at 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Lisa Vanderpump goes 'Dancing With the Stars' despite fainting
- 'Dancing With the Stars' pro Val Chmerkovskiy: Hughley criticism 'was a little bit foul'
More in The Clicker: