'Dancing With the Stars' pros and pairings revealed
On Monday night, we learned which celebrities would be showing off their fancy footwork on the upcoming season of “Dancing With the Stars,” but that was only half the story. Thanks to a new ballroom reveal Wednesday morning on "Good Morning America," we now know who those stars will be waltzing with.
The pairings are:
- David Arquette and Kym Johnson
- Ricki Lake and Derek Hough
- Hope Solo and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
- Nancy Grace and Tristan MacManus
- Ron Artest and Peta Murgatroyd
- Chaz Bono and Lacey Schwimmer
- Elisabetta Canalis and Val Chmerkovskiy
- Kristen Cavallari and Mark Ballas
- Robert Kardashian and Cheryl Burke
- J.R. Martinez and Karina Smirnoff
- Chynna Phillips and Tony Dovolani
- Carson Kressley and Anna Trebunskaya
If a couple of those professional hoofers come as a surprise, that’s because this season marks the competitive “Dancing” debut for three of them. Viewers might remember MacManus and Murgatroyd from last season’s Dance Troupe, and the newest Chmerkovskiy to hit the stage, Val, is none other than the little brother of fan favorite (well, this fan’s favorite), Maksim.
Another name that no doubt jumps out for longtime “Dancing” fans is Hough. After skipping the previous season to film the upcoming flick "Cobu 3D," the three-time show champ is ready to go for a record-breaking fourth mirror-ball win.
Of course, as new and returning pros join the ballroom that means a few familiar faces won’t be around this time. Pros that appeared last season but are nowhere to be seen this time around include, Louis van Amstel, Dimitry Chalplin and Chelsie Hightower.
If anyone is looking for an early favorite, Kressley suggests he and Trebunskaya are the ones to watch. Just minutes after meeting his ballroom partner, the fashion guru declared, "We are going to kick butt!"
Well, he has enthusiam, if not actual moves on his side. And if the moves don't come in time, he even has a backup plan.
"The athletes scare me," Kressley admitted. "Hope Solo, and she’s dancing with Maksim — which we just found out right now — yeah, we might have to sabotage them in some way."
Let the ballroom battle begin!
The 13thseason of “Dancing With the Stars” premieres Sept. 19 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.
What do you think of the pairs? Impressed? Disappointed? Share your thoughts on our FB page.
- Ricki Lake hoping to be less 'fluffy' after 'DWTS' appearance
- Potential vs. personality: How do the 'Dancing' stars stack up?
- Dancing With the Stars' reveals its latest batch of celebs
- David Arquette wants Howard Stern for his backstage coach
- Rob K., who weighs more than 200 lbs., wants to lose weight on show
- Slideshow: Learn more about the contestants