• Det. Frank Pembleton alert! Okay, so not actually Det. Frank Pembleton -- but according to Deadline, Andre Braugher may be about to return to NBC's law enforcement bosom with a recurring role on "Law & Order: SVU." The actor, who played Pembleton on "Homicide: Life on the Streets" from 1993-98, would appear as an attorney for the underprivileged on "SVU," and Deadline adds that he may also develop a close relationship with Det. Olivia Benson (Mariska Hargitay). "L & O" franchise vets should be pleased with Braugher's return to the fold: As Det. Pembleton, Braugher appeared on a 1996 crossover between "Homicide" and "Law & Order," and "SVU's" resident cynic, Sgt. John Munch (Richard Belzer) was imported directly from "Homicide" when that show went off the air. No word on whether Munch will note that Braugher's attorney seems familiar. Braugher's TNT show, "Men of a Certain Age," was canceled in July.
• In other great "Law & Order: SVU"-related casting news, Tamara Tunie -- who has played the coroner on the show since 2000 -- will be returning to the soap world for a brief arc on "Days of Our Lives" starting in November, reports TV Line. Tunie will play the town's super-tough Judge Weston and apparently, will play a role in a returning character's life. Tunie will keep her job at "SVU" meanwhile -- though presumably she'll have to jet between coasts to make it work. But that should be no sweat; the actress knows her way around a soap lot, having appeared on the late, lamented "As the World Turns" while filming "SVU" in the past. Tunie will first appear on "Days" on Friday, November 18.
What do you think of the latest TV tidbits? Tell us on our Facebook page!
- 'Law & Order's Linus Roache returns ... to 'SVU'!
- 'SVU' gets more Mariska Hargitay than expected and a little T.R. Knight, too
- Report: 'Desperate' star cast in 'SVU's' Schwarzenegger scandal episode
- Report: 'Law & Order: SVU' to tackle Schwarzenegger love-child scandal
- Yet another actor leaves 'Law & Order: SVU'
- More on 'SVU' in The Clicker