'The Bachelorette' picks her man, ABC picks new 'Bachelor'
Drew Kenny or Chris Siegfried? That's the choice "Bachelorette" Desiree Hartsock faced as Monday's finale began. Well, that's the choice she faced after reeling from last week's shocking shakeup a little bit longer.
"I just want to go home," Hartsock wept as the episode opened. "Honestly for me, it's over."
Of course, as it turned out, it wasn't quite over. But Hartsock took Brooks Forester's decision to dump her just before the penultimate rose pretty darned hard all the same. In fact, given that she admitted she was in love with Forester, host Chris Harrison wondered if she could really be happy with Kenny or Siegfried.
"I don't know," she said.
At least she knew before the finale was over. After letting Kenny down gently, Hartsock told Siegfried all about her love for Forester and despite it all, he proposed. (And despite it all, she accepted.)
So now it's happily ever ... as-long-as-a-"Bachelorette"-couple-typically-stays-together for the pair, and it's time for someone else to take a shot at finding true love on reality TV.
During the "After the Final Rose" special that followed Monday night's finale, Harrison announced the star of the "The Bachelor's" upcoming 18th season — 32-year-old Juan Pablo Galavis.
Galavis, an easy-on-the-eyes Venezuelan soccer player, was in the running for Hartsock's heart on the "Bachelorette" earlier this season, but he didn't make it far in the competition.
The single dad will kick off his quest for romance when "The Bachelor" returns in January 2014.