Feb. 19, 2014 at 5:20 PM ET
Push your dog's diet in the right direction by making fresh dog food from whole ingredients. Veterinarian Katy Nelson shares three dog food recipes that are both delicious and great for your dog's health.
1. In a large bowl, add cooked beef and cooked brown rice.
2. Mix all ingredients into each other until properly blended.
3. Add canola oil and continue mixing until oil is absorbed in recipes.
4. Finally, add blueberries into the final product for a freshly garnished taste.
Hot diggity dogs
1. Wrap sausage slices with all-natural turkey bacon treats.
2. Stab a tooth pick through the treats to hold everything together.
Bow wow bacon and eggs
1. Hard boil the eggs.
2. Bake turkey bacon at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
3. Peel and cut eggs into small chunks.
4. Sprinkle turkey bacon with egg and cheese.