Parents are funny — especially on Facebook! And we love them for it.
Why? Because when the pages of Facebook are filled with pictures of neatly dressed children ready for their first day of school, smiling, backpack bedecked siblings standing arm in arm, and post after post by parents lamenting the end of summer, it’s easy to think you’re the only one who was dancing a jig in their driveway as the school bus pulled away.
So let’s take a moment to give a shout out, LOL or just a virtual ‘High-Five,’ to the hilarious moms and dads who aren’t afraid to tell it like it really is.
Want to share your funniest parenting moments with TODAY? Just post them on our Facebook page at TODAY Parents, or tag us OR Sarah Maizes (our Parenting-Humorist-at-Large) in your comments. We’ll pick our favorites to feature in our next installment!
Here are our picks for this week’s Funniest Parents on Facebook!
1. Low expectations (The Dusty Parachute)
2. Name games (Tara Wood)
3. The other parent (Unremarkable Files)
More Back to school videos
Mark Zuckerberg takes us back to his Harvard dorm room
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg shares video of his acceptance to Harvard
Words of wisdom from our favorite commencement speeches
Julianne Hough of ‘Dancing with the Stars’ on teacher appreciation and wedding plans
4. Don't ask questions (Maybe I'll Shower Today)
5. Ask Santa (Why did we have to have all these kids anyway?)
6. Back to school blues (Science of Parenthood)
7. It's their problem now (The Unfit Father)
8. Picture day pitfalls (The Dose of Reality)
9. Code blue (That Tam I Am)
10. Not much room (Mama Needs a Nap)
11. What's the problem? (Ned Hickson)