Parents are funny — especially on Facebook! And we love them for it.
Why? Because when the pages of Facebook are filled with pictures of neatly dressed children ready for their first day of school, smiling, backpack-bedecked siblings standing arm-in-arm, and post after post by parents lamenting the end of summer, it’s easy to think you’re the only one who was dancing a jig in their driveway as the school bus pulled away.
So let’s take a moment to give a shout out, LOL or just a virtual high-five, to the hilarious moms and dads who aren’t afraid to tell it like it really is. Here are our picks for this week’s Funniest Parents on Facebook!
Want to share your funniest parenting moments with TODAY? Just post them on our Facebook page at TODAY Parents, or tag us OR Sarah Maizes (our Parenting-Humorist-at-Large) in your comments. We’ll pick our favorites to feature in our next installment.
1. Best part of waking up (Welcome to the Bundle)
More Back to school videos
Goodbye to homework: More schools give students the night off
Is your child’s backpack hazardous to their health?
Is it time to get rid of middle school?
Homework tip for parents: Don’t help your kids too much
2. Beach babies (Big Top Family)
3. Running the numbers (Rants from Mommyland)
4. Pokemon promises (Girl, Always Interrupted)
5. Get smart (Sassypiehole by Lisa Rene LeClair)
6. Sweet intentions (The 21st Century SAHM by Karen Johnson)
7. Starting the year off right (Lynda Ray Austin)
8. Hashtag pencils (Dude Mom)
9. The list goes on (Pursuit of Normal)
Sarah Maizes is a writer, comedian, and award-winning author who’s written several picture books for children, including "On My Way to The Bath" and "On My Way to Bed." Make her day and follow her on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.