Parents are funny — especially on Facebook! And we love them for it!
Why? Because in the world of Facebook, where page after page of friends and family brim with posts about extravagant vacations, over-achieving children and pictures of DIY birthday parties that would make Martha Stewart step away from her glue gun, it’s easy to think you’re the only one who doesn’t have it together.
So we’d like to take a moment to give a shout out, an LOL (or a quiet ROTFGTMWTBS — Roll On The Floor Giggling To Myself While The Baby Sleeps) to the hilarious moms and dads who aren’t afraid to tell it like it is.
Want to share your funniest parenting moments with TODAY? Just post them on our Facebook page at TODAY Parents, or tag Sarah Maizes in your comments. We’ll pick our favorites to feature in our next installment.
Here are our picks for this week’s funniest parenting posts on Facebook:
1. Perfect procrastination (EarMuffs Kids)
2. Mop, please? (Mama Needs a Cupcake)
3. Get it done (Suburban Snapshots)
4. My workout (Questionable Choices in Parenting)
5. Wise observations (Suburban Shit Show: Tales from the Tree-lined Trenches)
6. Life lessons (Punk Rock Papa)
7. It's a routine (Perfection Pending)
8. Not like the good 'ol days (The Glad Stork)
9. Sister magic (Bianca LeRoux)
10. How it works (Science of Parenthood)
11. All you need (Mama Needs a Nap)
Sarah Maizes is a writer, producer, and the author of several award-winning picture books for children, including On My Way to The Bath and On My Way to Bed. Follow her on Facebook at http://www.Facebook.com/SarahMaizes and subscribe to her bloggy goodness at www.SarahMaizes.com.